Georgia is no place to be in the summer if the AC goes out. Likewise, we can have some pretty brutal winters. So, no heat in your home is not an option. When the heat or air goes out in your home, you’ll scramble for the reason and try to get it fixed ASAP. But you may be asking, what are the most common repairs for home HVAC systems?
After all, you may want to temporarily try to repair the system while you wait. Or you may want to know what the repair will be so you can estimate the cost. In any case, TRUST Heating & Air can be right out to diagnose the issue and get you cooled off again.
Common Repairs for Home HAVC Systems
Over the years, the experts at TRUST Heating & Air have seen and handled it all. Here are a few of the more common repairs we see every day in Georgia.
- Dirty Filters– Replacing your filters is so easy, and yet we all seem to forget to do it. Set a reminder on the first of each month, or mark the calendar, so you don’t forget.
- Thermostat Malfunction– From the battery to the sensors, your thermostat can malfunction. Additionally, you may have the settings incorrect.
- Normal Wear and Tear– Yes, this is normal but can cause significant issues. If your system is older, it is essential to keep up with maintenance service.
- Frozen Components– Inside the unit are coils that can freeze in the winter. Nd in the summer, folks often leave a backdoor open. If you leave it that way for a long time, the humidity and AC constantly running will freeze up the unit.
- Uneven Room Temperatures– Windows, closed doors, and more can contribute to uneven AC and heat.
- Ignition Trouble- Your HVAC can run low in gas or short cycle, and the flame sensors, burners, and pilots can go out.
- Circuit Breaker is Tripped– A tripped circuit breaker or blown fuse can stop the AC from running. Your technician can check for the culprit in this situation.
- Low Efficiency– When the AC or heat just isn’t running well anymore, the efficiency will be lowered. Then your energy bill may skyrocket. No one wants that.
- Water Leak– The condensate lines can back up and cause a water leak in the system. Then your lines need cleaning.
- Refrigerant Leak– Fluctuating temperatures and insufficient cooling can occur when there is a refrigerant leak. These leaks are dangerous, and the system will need recharging. So, please call for help.
- Constantly Running System– The blowers run when the fans are on. The system continually running may be a result of the fan relay mechanism having an issue.
- Tears in the Ductwork– When there are tears in the ductwork, you essentially cool the attic. So, don’t waste the cooling and burn out the motor. Have them checked regularly.
So, what is the answer to each of these common repair issues? It is easy. Sign up for a preventative maintenance plan and call as soon as you notice any change in heating or cooling.
Lack of Maintenance Causes Issues
Since the pandemic, staying home more means even more importance is on air quality in the home. That is one reason it is essential to take additional steps to maintain good quality and prolong your HVAC unit’s life. Minor issues can snowball into major problems if not taken care of at the onset. So, follow these steps to keep your HVAC system running for the unit’s life and your family’s air quality.
- Get Your Unit Regularly Serviced. Nothing is better than a trained eye to keep watch over your investment.
- Clear Any Debris from Around the Unit. Bushes, trees, mulch, and more should be kept clear from the compressor outside.
- Change Those Filters. Dirty air filters make your system run too hard and can burn out the unit.
- Clean Mold and Algae from the Coils.
- Inspect the Lines Regularly. Clogs are one of the most common repairs we see.
- Make Sure the Unit is Level. A level unit will ensure a faster, more efficient system.
- Regulate the Air Flow with the Registers. Make sure the returns are not blocked by furniture or drapes.
At TRUST Heating & Air, it is our goal to keep your home as comfortable as possible for you and your family.
Call For Help with Common Repairs
Luckily, our technicians know just what to look for when inspecting your HVAC unit and all its components. Additionally, we understand how critical your AC is in Georgia because we live here too.
When we come out to inspect your AC, you will meet our friendly technicians, and they will leave you with a longer-lasting and clean running system. What’s more, we will advise you on how to ensure your system keeps running as long and as well as it can.
With the program TRUST Heating & Air has developed, you will receive the following exemplary services when we come out in the Spring and Fall to maintain your system.
- The technician will identify broken or worn parts needing repair or replacement before they sustain any additional damage.
- They will optimize the performance of your unit through various cleaning and adjustment methods.
- The tech will ensure your system is as energy efficient as possible with tight seals and positive airflow.
- The indoor air quality will vastly improve with clean filters, coils, and ductwork.
- Ductwork will be examined regularly to prevent air from escaping, which can be a significant expense if damaged.
- The life of your unit will be extended with proper care.
When you care for any part of your home, it will take better care of you and your family.
The Preventative Maintenance Contract Minimizes the Need for Common Repairs
You see, there are several benefits to being on a plan for maintenance with TRUST Heating & Air. And there are even more we have not mentioned yet.
What are they? We are glad you asked.
- Contract customers receive 15% off on all repairs and service calls.
- You become a priority customer, moving to the front of the service line.
- Your home’s cost for electricity will be reduced with an HVAC system that is well-cared for.
- We offer a 24-hour answering service to our contract clients with excellent response times.
- You will get automatic Spring and Fall HVAC system maintenance.
- Our technicians will change the filters when they visit.
- Emergency services are rushed for our contract priority customers.
Really, you cannot go wrong with a regularly scheduled preventative maintenance contract with the friendly and knowledgeable technicians at TRUST Heating & Air. Contact our friendly staff to talk about the services we provide in greater detail and schedule an estimate appointment.
Keep your AC and heat running in tip-top shape with TRUST Heating & Air.