Most homes the air conditioning bill is usually between 40-50%. In Georgia during the summer it can be even higher. There are a few rules you can follow to decrease the amount of money you spend on your AC energy.
- Install and preset an ENERGY STAR programmable thermostat to automatically reduce energy usage when you are away or sleeping.
- Set your thermostat at 78 degrees to save money.
- Clean dust from supply and return air grilles and heating outlets.
- Changing your standard filters monthly or pleated lters at least once every three months.
- Make sure the caulk and weather-stripping around your windows and doors are in good shape.
- Keep curtains and shades closed during the summer, especially on the east and west sides of your home.
- Avoid using appliances that give off heat during the hottest times of the day as they will make your cooling system work that much harder.
Call Trust Heating & Air for helpful tips and to schedule a maintenance visit.